Friday 5 February 2016

Late-Night Swatches : M.A.C YASH




Hi guys!! I am so glad to be halfway through the week, it's almost the weekend already! I've been so tired from working non-stop, for a submission earlier today, and I thought I would do another late-night swatch session before hitting the hay. Today we will be going to swatch none other than M.A.C.'s YASH. Before I begin -

I have done a little bit of observation today because when I've reached home, I've received some NARS goodies from the Steven Klein collection (I know, I was overjoyed!). It was so thoughtful of NARS New York to send over some of their limited editions for me to try out. While I was looking more into the products, I was trying to figure out whether the NARS lipstick I received was a full-size or a deluxe-sample size, BUT to my surprise, it was a hefty 3.4g - a full-size, of course. And I was doing a little bit of comparison from my lipstick stash -

By Terry Rouge Terrybly (3.5g)
Marc Jacobs New Nudes (3.6g)
and M.A.C's lipsticks (3.0g)

Price & Packaging

I mean, it's funny how I'm being particular about the bullet on an average .5g differences from the other lipsticks, because a M.A.C. lipstick is definitely cheaper (MYR74). But, I mean - c'mon you can get a 3.6g lipstick from Marc Jacobs for MYR100 which offers a really great formulation/colour palette as well, so I don't know, it just puts me off that M.A.C. is not on par with it's quantity, considering it being a high-end product.

The matte black packaging is not my favourite. Because 1. No magnetic closure 2. I don't like the bullet-shape. It is considerably tiny in comparison to my lipstick collection that I have out on display, and it just sticks out oddly because my other lipsticks all have a flat-top on the lid. I don't find that M.A.C. lipsticks look particularly luxurious and for the price I'm paying, let's just say I expected more.

Anyway, back to M.A.C.'s Yash.


L to R : In warm-light, without flash/In cool-light, with flash

Colour & Pigmentation

Described as a deep neutral, I do find that this colour has enough balance of brownish/pinkish undertones and pigments, which means it is absolutely gorgeous on tanned skin girls!! Like, finally. It pulls both pink and brown - and which tone becomes more dominant certainly depends on your skin undertone and the lighting and so forth. That's the thing about lipsticks, it's not as simple as you think. The pigmentation of YASH is quite unbelievable. One swipe, you get a full opaque coverage. I always go over with my By Terry's Perfect Nude to bring out the brown undertones, which is what I prefer. You can adjust the lip colour with any kinds of lip liner, if you want. Play with the colours. It's just makeup.


L : warm-light/cool-light

Texture, Finish & Longevity

Often times, a matte nude lip will come off patchy and uneven but with this I do find that it is capable of giving a good even application, and it isn't overly matte although it is drying my lips out. I don't blame the product entirely but as my lips are easily chapped and couldn't take a formula that is even a tad bit drying, it simply doesn't pass the moisture level 100 test then hahaha. It applies very evenly and sits comfortably on the lip. When I say it is drying my lips out, I feel it after a whole day of wear-time, but for a good 5-6 hours - no such effect can be felt. The pigmentation do lasts for quite a while, without the need to touch up. I would say 4-5 hours. It is not overly matte but by no means it is "shiny" or has a sheen to it. It's just nice. I did apply a lip balm underneath it, in the lip swatch, hence the sheen. It's not as matte as a liquid lipstick. This doesn't emphasise on any chapped lips, it kind of smoothes over it, but I do find it settling into fine lines, a tad bit.



Overall, I do find that I reach for this colour a lot when I want a polished, put-together, day-time look. If it pleases you, I am waiting for my first ever liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics. I mean, if I'm going to the liquid lipstick world, might as well go for the best. I have reviewed the Hourglass Opaque Rouge before on my blog, and I'm so excited for my Jeffree Stars to arrive. M.A.C.'s Yash is the exact dupe for Jeffree Star's Celebrity Skin, so I will definitely do a comparison in the near future. I really like Yash and this is my first M.A.C. lipstick and I'm so glad I went for this colour - it's sort of the underdog of nudes in M.A.C. as it's lesser known compared to the likes of Velvet Teddy, Taupe, and Faux.

Let me know what are your favourite M.A.C. lipstick/products you can't live without in the comments. I hope you enjoy this session of Late-Night Swatches and thank you for hanging out!



Makeup Worn in Photo

Base -

Diorskin Star Concealer in 02 (applied on the under-eye)
Chanel Libre Poudre Universelle in 02 Claire (applied on the under-eye, forehead, and nose)
Inglot DS502 as a contour
NARS Daydream blush
The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer

Eyes -

Chanel Quad in Voyage 
Maybelline Gel Liner 
Chanel Inimitable Mascara

Lips -

M.A.C's YASH 
By Terry Perfect Lip Liner in Perfect Nude









FARAH x










No comments:

Post a Comment